Have you ever wondered what it would be like to search the web under the sea? Well, now you can, thanks to Google Underwater, a hidden feature of Google that was released on April Fool’s Day in 2012.
The entertaining platform allows you to search and discover the wonders of the underwater world with a unique gravity effect. The Google logo and the search box float on the water’s surface while the fish, seaweed, and sand move below. You can also interact with the elements by clicking or dragging them.
How to Access Google Underwater?
Google discontinued this feature several years ago, much to the disappointment of many users. Fortunately, elgoog.im restored the Google Underwater feature and made it available for anyone to enjoy. To access it you need to:
- Go to Google.com.
- Search for “Google Underwater Search.”
- Click on the “I’m Feeling Lucky” button.
It will redirect you to the Elgoog website, which hosts the feature. Alternatively, you can directly visit https://elgoog.im/underwater/ to enjoy it.
What You Can Do with Google Underwater?
It is more than just a fun prank. It is also a great way to explore the ocean’s depths and learn more about marine life. Here are some of the things you can do with Google Water:
- Type any query and watch the results and some marine creatures float on the screen.
- Switch between different modes, such as coral reef, shipwreck, or shark attack.
- Discover hidden surprises by clicking on different elements.
- Enjoy the relaxing sound of waves and bubbles.
It also features several interactive elements, including:
- Fish that swim around the screen.
- Seaweed that you can drag and move with your mouse.
- Sand that you can click on to create bubbles.
In addition, you can interact with the Google Underwater logo. You can move it around the screen if you click and drag it. And if you double-click on it, you’ll see a fun animation of the logo sinking to the bottom of the ocean.
In brief, the platform is a creative and playful way to showcase Google’s innovation and humor and its commitment to exploration and discovery. It is also a reminder of the many Easter eggs that Google has created over the years.
Why Should You Try Google Underwater?
Not only is it full of fun, but also educational and inspiring. Here are some of the benefits of trying Underwater Google:
- It can help you relax and reduce stress by immersing yourself in a serene and beautiful environment.
- It can spark your curiosity and imagination by exposing you to new and fascinating things.
- It can enhance your knowledge and awareness by providing relevant and up-to-date information.
- It can challenge your creativity and problem-solving skills by making you interact with different elements.
It is a feature that everyone should try at least once. It is a unique and enjoyable way to experience the web and the ocean at the same time.
What is Google Gravity Underwater?
Google Gravity Underwater is a variation of the Google Underwater Easter egg that adds a gravity effect to the page. When you enable it, the Google logo and search box will fall towards the bottom of the screen. You can use your mouse to drag and move the elements around, but they will eventually fall back to the bottom.
To enable Google Gravity Underwater:
- Go to the Google Underwater page.
- Click on the “Google Gravity” link in the top right corner of the page.
Once you’ve enabled it, you can start playing around with the gravity effect. Try moving the Google logo and search box around the screen and see how they fall back to the bottom. You can also interact with the other elements on the page, such as the fish and seaweed.
- Google Underwater and Google Gravity Underwater are both available on desktop and mobile devices.
- The first one is also available in several different languages.
- The Elgoog website also features many other interactive Easter eggs, such as Google Mirror, Google Thanos Snap, and Google Batman.